Head of Business IT
You will be working closely with and supported by the Morgan Sindall Group Director of IT and the MS IT team. You’ll also work with our approved supply chain partners in line with the Group’s standards and policies. You’ll benefit from the support of a wider network of IT professionals and experts, while having a degree of autonomy and responsibility for the Muse business and its digital aspirations.
You will work with a small team responsible for:
- Assisting the business’s digital aspirations
- Business IT relationships and IT service delivery
- Local projects and change management
- Non-shared applications & functions (specialist training as required)
- System adoption and training (where required)
- IT security ambassador
Working with a highly customer-focused and collaborative approach you must be experienced in managing stakeholder relationships, communicating technical information effectively and be willing to travel frequently (weekly) to our regional offices.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
Leading our IT team
- Manage and develop the IT Team to ensure they can meet the standards expected across the Group and those expected by business
- Define, agree and manage the IT budget with the division and the Group-wide teams
Understanding our business and managing stakeholders
- Manage the key stakeholders in the division in relation to their expectations, projects and updates so that they have confidence in the IT delivery team meeting the business’s objectives
- Understand the business’ needs, evaluate new solutions, technologies and innovations and the business benefits that can be obtained, and understand how these solutions could be implemented for the overall benefit of the business. Ensure these are delivered in line with the overall business and Group IT Strategies.
Defining our IT Service and our relationship with Morgan Sindall Group IT
- Define and agree with the Key Stakeholders and peers the IT Service quality to be delivered and ensure that this is delivered in partnership with the Shared Services Team to an agreed budget
- Agree and manage the IT service delivery through common and formal service delivery methods via the Group shared services team and local IT support.
- Ensure that where practicable new solutions, technologies and innovations are introduced in partnership with the shared services team to ensure that an ongoing service can be delivered with other business unit IT teams and to ensure common solutions are delivered across the Group
- Where business-specific solutions are required then these should be delivered to the same agreed standards for both service and compliance.
- Facilitate the move from Business specific solutions to Group-wide solutions where sensible & practicable
- Ensure projects are delivered to a common delivery methodology & PMO as agreed across the Group and audited by the IT compliance team
- Ensure that systems used within the division meet agreed Group standards in both solution and service delivery
- Run and manage the Business IT Governance meetings to ensure correct project initiation, prioritisation, approval, and project management methods are used and that service is being delivered in line with agreed standards.
- Ensure solutions delivered on behalf of the business are robust and resilient and are fully transitioned into support with proven disaster recovery plans that can be utilised in the business continuity plans.
- Maintain the Groups security posture and assist with security messaging and education across the business.
Support Group-wide initiatives
- Champion and deliver aspects of Group-wide projects and initiatives within the business
- Contribute and support the design and delivery of the Group-wide shared services strategy.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org